I just wanted to write a quick update. Unfortunately I don't have any photos to share yet because we're too busy unpacking and being sick to find our camera and upload the photos to the computer. And on that note, let me just say that putting forth physical labor every day 2 weeks straight, not getting good sleep, and then getting a cold bug will WIPE. YOU. OUT.
So we're all sickies here and it's no fun.
BUT we are LOVING our new home and so I just had to write a quick note about it.
Things that we love so far:
- That Taylor has his own room and it's upstairs, in the far corner of the house, and over the garage. This means that we can be downstairs making noise or watching a movie and he can't hear us. AND it means that Preston can go up and play in his room and not even be anywhere near Taylor when he's asleep.
- We love the SPACE. Ohhhh my goodness! It's not that our 1600 square foot apartment that we were living in before didn't have enough space, technically, but the layout just wasn't working for us. It had one huge room and then 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. We now have 2300 square feet with seperate rooms (family room, living room, dining room, kitchen, etc) and it's just really nice for everything to have their place. And it's also really nice to be able to go somewhere else in the house besides just one room.
- Having a GARAGE. We can now pull our car inside and not get rained on. It's a luxury that we've never experienced before.
- Lots of CABINET space in the kitchen. We can now put all of our appliances in the kitchen instead of having them all in storage.
- Windows that are LOW enough for Preston to look out of. In our last place, the windows level was about where his nose was, and so in order for him to look out, he would have to climb onto a chair and look out. Now he can walk up to the windows and look out all by himself. It's such a simple pleasure, but we have enjoyed watching him have fun with it. Just yesterday he was looking out the window and we hear "A reindeer! A reindeer!". There was a deer standing in our driveway and he was able to stand there and watch it.
- Taylor having his own room. I know I already said this, but we can't emphasize enough how excited we are to have our master bedroom back to ourselves. We can actually go to bed at night and talk to each other without being afraid that we're going to wake up the baby. And we can crack the window too without being worried that the baby will catch a cold.
- A YARD. Our new backyard is a little over an acre and it's all grass and FENCED. We are soooo excited. Preston has already been outside to run around. And I'm happy that I won't have to worry about him going out into the street or anything.
- No more BEARS. I'm so excited that we will no longer have to worry about black bears. No more having to store our garbage in our laundry room until garbage day so that the bears won't smell it, and no more worrying that we'll spook a bear on our walks outside. No more worrying that if I let Preston play outside that a bear will attack him.
- We can see the sky! This sounds funny, but at our old place there were so many trees that we couldn't really see out anywhere. Don't get me wrong - the trees were lovely but we were very enclosed. Now, across from us is a huge open nature preserve and a huge view of the sky. Last night Will and I went outside and were able to see all the beautiful stars.
- A driveway. We can now park our cars in our driveway whereever we want and wash them as we please.
- A secret playroom for Preston. Under the staircase there is a little storage room and it's Preston's little toy room. It's great because we can throw all of his toys in there and he loves to play in there and he stays pretty quiet in there too. :)
- More than 1 bathroom. We now have 3 toilets. So technically three people could pee at the same time. Pretty exciting. No more waiting in line.
- Close to the beach. Now we don't have to drive 30 - 45 minutes to get to the ocean. It's just down the hill, about 3 minutes away.
- Close to Grandma and Grandpa. G&G are now 5 minutes away. :)
- BEAUTIFUL scenery and small town. We are loving the beauty and the smalltown atmosphere. I grew up here, and so it's a bit surreal to be back here living as a married women with a family - but the town has also grown a lot and so I feel like I'm relearning everything.
I could seriously go on and on....Hopefully soon I'll get some photos up. We've spent the last week unpacking and have most everything put away, with the exception of some boxes in the kitchen. I still need to hang up the boys bedroom decorations. Our master bedroom is still completley unorganized and I don't know here half of my clothes are (I've been rotating the same 2 outfits for a week). We still need to put the TV/Entertainment center together, and my music studio is not put together yet either. I have a pretty beefy desk that will take a while to assemble. We have one computer set up in the kitchen (where I'm typing this), and still have to put up my music studio computer and Will's computer.
But other than that, we're doing good and happy.
Oh, and we REALLY need to go grocery shopping.
Come visit us!