Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Recording Session



Just thought I'd share a quick video from our recording session yesterday for my album.  Rachelle is a soprano that I found a year ago when she was one of the soloists for our stake's Messiah with full choir and orchestra.  As we have gotten to know each other, it turns out we were at BYU-Idaho at the same time studying music and even remembered each other.  Small world.

Here is a photo with both of us in it from 1998. Little did we know that 13 years later she would be married with 4 kids, me with 2, and that we'd be working together on a music project. (I circled me in the photo, but I'm not sure where Rachelle is - she is somewhere in the choir).




It's nice to have little details come together for my album slowly but surely.  Once the vocals are all edited and sent to me, I will do another final edit on the song and then send the files to my sound engineer in LA who will do the final mix and master.  This song will make the 6th song completely finished out of 17 tracks. Many other songs are close to being finished, and then I also have several that I have recorded the piano parts for but have not begun orchestrating.  So I still have a lot of work to do.



1 comment:

Tessha said...

That's really cool. Thanks for sharing.