Jenni Thomas reporting for the Thomas Family Blog
December 17, 2007
Friday, Dec. 14th
- Will Thomas got up at the crack of dawn and spent a grueling morning at work. At around 2:00pm, the entire company took a break for a corporate Christmas feast. This was the alledged "Company Christmas Party" this year - no spouses invited to cut back on costs, due to the falling housing market in Q4 of 2007.
- Jenni Thomas accomplished many domestic accomplishments home during this time.
- At approximately 16:00 hours, Will left work with his Estimating department to set out on their "Holiday Outing", which consisted of shopping at the mall, eating dinner at a fancy Italian Restaurant, and attending a Comedy Club in downtown Seattle. Again, no spouses invited. So sad!
- Jenni and Erika left around 17:00 hours to thus battle traffic across the 520 bridge to get to Seattle to attend a live taping of a PBS special featuring Michael Hoppe that he personally invited Jenni to. The performance from the front row seating was marvelous, and all ended up happy.
- At 20:30 hour Jenni was missing Will and called him. He was eating his fancy Italian dinner, at which Jenni was very jealous of.
- 21:00 hours, Jenni and Erika meet up with Erika's husband Aaron, and friends Shauna and Sam at a not-so-fancy Italian Restaurant in downtown Seattle. Jenni enjoys a spinach salad, a big plate of torellini and a strawberry Italian Soda.
- 1:00 hours, Dec 16th, Will finally arrives home after his "holiday work outing" to Jenni in bed, enjoying her leftover tortellini, and explains that at his fancy Italian restaurant his dinner of ravioli only consisted of 4 pieces of pasta with a lot of fancy-schmancy trimming. He watched in envy as Jenni ate the rest of her pasta.
- 2:00 hours, Will and Jenni finally fell asleep.
Saturday, Dec. 15, 2007
- Jenni awoke at 7:30 to shower and get ready for dress rehearsal. After many attempts to wake Will, she finally was able to awake the sleeping snoring giant in time to leave.
- The tired couple meets Erika at Red Robin at 8:30am to caravan up to the Dress Rehearsal.
- Jenni and Erika participated in dress rehearsal from 9:30am - 11:30am.
- Jenni and Will then proceed to drive further north to the Southworth's home (Jenni's parents) and enjoy a relaxing Saturday afternoon full of naps, naps, and more naps.
- 18:30 hours - Jenni's mom makes homemade hot fudge for ice cream and everyone is in dessert heaven. Okay, maybe just Jenni was.
- 22:30 hours - ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Sunday, Dec. 16, 2007
- Will and Jenni finally enjoyed a morning of sleeping in.
- They then went to church at Jenni's parents ward at 1pm.
- 16:00 hours - Jenni, her mom, and Will eating and getting ready for concert. Will was just mosting eating.
- 19:00 - 21:00 hours - Christmas Concert.
- 21:30 - Will and Jenni drive back home to Fall City.
- 23:00 hours - Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Jenni and Erika after the concert. Erika sang Jenni's rendition of "O Holy Night", and Jenni also played an Irish fiddle song with the choir. Jenni misses being skinnier. LOL Oh well. She is excited to be a mom.