Thursday, May 21, 2009

We Speak Dog.

We don't have a dog, but our neighbors do. A big weiner..rounder...ummmm....A big grey lab. Basically.

Her name is Gracie.

She barks every time someone comes down our driveway. It is a great way for me to know when piano students are here.

Preston, just last week, started tuning in on her barking and now, every time he hears Gracie bark, he goes "Oooof....Oooof!....Ooofff". It's cute. His entire body jiggles when he does it.

So here is the funny part:

The past couple of nights he has been difficult getting him to bed. Crying, arching his back, fussing, etc. Usually I do the bedtime routine, but when nursing doesn't do the trick...I run out of options. So I call in Will to take over.

Well, the last two nights Will has come in and gotten him to sleep in like 5 minutes flat.

I'm like "How did you just do that?"

He finally divulged his secret.

"I just start making dog barking noises, he stops, looks up at me, closes his eyes and he's out."

Ummmm. AMAZING and hilarious.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

your last sentence says it all. that kid is just to cute.

carlen said...

what a little sweetheart (and a CLEVER daddy)!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I am so laughing at the fact that your son likes to be barked to sleep. That is great! Andy's wondering if Will is the dog whisperer or is it the baby whisperer? Either way-it's hilarious! :)