Tuesday, October 4, 2011

New Car

Being a one car family has been fun for the past few weeks, but we are so over it.

Please welcome the newest addition to our family - a 2008 Kia Spectra.



We have been watching Craigslist daily for the past few weeks for a replacement on our old Kia that died.  We have looked at so many different cars and wasted oh so much gas money and time doing so.  But we finally found one yesterday - albiet I had to drive all the way down to Portland to look at it and buy it.

Since we have a crazy life right now with buying a new house, Will's ultra busy job, and more - the responsibility was mine to go to Portland.  Haggling over a car was something I would have normally preferred Will to do, but I had to brave and put my game face on and do this.


My best friend Erika and her 2 boys (who are the same age as our 2 boys) came with us, so that if in the event we did buy the car, I would be able to drive it back.



After many stops for potty breaks, food, crying babies and more, we finally made it to Portland.


Test drove the car, checked out every nook and cranny, talked with seller, let Will talk to him on the phone and haggle price, then I had to haggle some more and we finally got the price we wanted.

The funny thing about all of this is that the seller turned out to be LDS, and Erika found out he was her uncle's brother. Small world.

The boys and I drove the new car home and arrived in the driveway around 1:30 a.m.

We are tired, but we have a new car. Yay!



5 comments:

Carolyn said...

It looks like a nice car.....and Preston looks like he's freezing in that first couple of photos. SO glad that you got home safe....I was worried about you all day.

Jenni said...

Haha actually he was saying "Cheese!" and excited to be standing to the car.

Dan Thomas said...

Nice car! Isn't being a one car family the pits.(Except when you go to put gas in it.) (Can I ask about what you had to give for it as I have to find something for Gracie.) Would you recommend a KIA?

Stephen and Ileana said...

Looks like a nice Kia. I'm glad you guys got something newer for a good price and finally have a 2nd car. Trust me, we know how being a one-car family is, we've been one too for the past almost month since our Honda got SMASHED. I finally got a new car last Friday too. I drove to Sanford to get it, which is 100 miles away, on the other side of Orlando. And I thought I had to drive far!

Carson Wininger said...

The last photo is cute, haha! Testing the car can be tiresome, especially if you have to bring kids along the way. But it won't be as fun if they didn't come along, right?

Carson Wininger