Thursday, October 27, 2011

We Love Fall!




It's that time of year again when the air turns crispy cold and all you want to do is bake ginger snap cookies, drink hot cocoa, and do all sorts of fun things with your family.

With the exception of Preston's first October (he was 4 months old then), we've taken Preston to a pumpkin patch every year and it's sort of become a tradition.  And now for the past two Octobers, Taylor has joined in as well.

 I thought it would be fun to reminisce a bit...

This was our first Fall as a family...2008



Here is Preston's first pumpkin patch experience in Oct 2009. He was 16 months old and walking like a champ...







Here was last year's pumpkin patch (2010. Preston was 2 yrs old, and Taylor was just a peanut - 8 wks old.



And then here was today! 2011 Pumpkin patch.  This is actually our 2nd patch so far this season, but I forgot to bring my camera to the first one. Whoopsies.



Preston is 3 yrs old, and Taylor is 14 months.  Oh and I'm 34.  So thinkin' old huh!




In other news...

This is the view I see quite often throughout the day.  A little one tugging on my pantleg and doing the "pick me up" dance.


This was last night at our ward Trunk or Treat.  Aunt Elizabeth made this cape for Preston last year and we finally are using it for a costume. Everyone referred to Taylor has "Super Scooter", for those who don't know, he doesn't walk yet and though he does crawl, he prefers to scoot mostly.


Preston requested to be a cat. I have no idea why.  He has a really great pirate costume I tried to get him to wear, but nope. For a week straight, every time I asked him, it was always "cat". Okay sometimes it was "Train Cat", or "Woody Cat", or "Buzz Cat", or "Pirate Cat".  But nevertheless, it was always cat.


Somebody likes chocolate just like their mother.



Preston with Grandpa Southworth, who was nice enough to fill in as parent for the evening (I had a meeting) until Will arrived from work. Those boys sure love their grandpa!




Tomorrow we are carving pumpkins and making pumpkin cookies.  Wanna come over?

3 comments:

Chelle said...

We love pumpkin patches too - great fun for the whole family! Also love the progression of your patch visits over the past few years; always such stunning pictures.

Dan Thomas said...

The pumpkin cookies sound good. I will pass on the pumpkin carving. Mine never come out and I have messed up on enough to last for eternity.

James and Elizabeth said...

I love the pictures.