Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

I hope you all enjoyed your Easter weekend.

We had a great time together as a family - and here are the pictures to prove it....

Saturday Will had the idea of hiking up to the top of Poopoo Point (I know, great name, right?).  This is a spot you can see from the valley floor - and it's pretty popular for paragliders to take off from there.  It didn't look too far up and so I thought it would be like a 2 hour hike (round trip)...

5 hours later we made it back to our car.  But the view from the top was incredible, even if I did feel a little on edge that one of my chicklets was going to fall off an edge somewhere.


Preston hiked the entire 2 miles to the top all by himself and did a really great job.  He did struggle on the way down though - and you really can't blame the poor kid.  4 miles in Lightning McQueen shoes is rough. He walked so much that he almost wore out the battery that makes them light up.  


Taylor got a free ride though...



You can see Mt. Rainier in the background...





I did give Preston a piggyback ride half the way down, and today my biceps are a little sore.  Okay, a LOT sore.  Carrying a 40 lb child is not easy.



Will told Preston if he could finish the hike he would pay him $5 and he could pick out a new toy at the store. That was a lot of motivation for a 3 year old and he really tried his hardest.  24 hours later he is still complaining about his feet "needing a rest". :)

EASTER

This is the first year we did an Easter egg hunt and baskets - on our own, that is, without other people bringing them baskets or inviting them to an egg hunt.  

I admit, I'm all into Christmas and Birthdays, but I struggle with really getting into all the other little holidays throughout the year, and this year I've been trying to make a better effort.  Our boys are finally getting old enough where they (at least Preston) gets really excited about things like this, and it is fun to get into it.  I remember as a kid, my parents only did Easter baskets for us when we were little, and then after that it was just a big nice family Easter dinner and everything was Christ-centered.

Here are some pictures from this morning off of Will's phone camera - not the best quality, but you get the idea....





Preston was pretty excited that we hid eggs in his train.



And then of course, we had to get a family picture taken.  I thought it would be fun to show the last few years on Easter up until this year....

2010...Preston was almost 2, I was prego with Taylor.



2011...Preston was almost 3, and Taylor was 8 months.


2012...in front of our new house. Preston is almost 4, and Taylor is 19 months.








My...what a year can do!



And then this was tonight, as our lovely son decided to eat his popcorn like a dog.


Happy Easter!

4 comments:

Dalynn said...

Fun stuff!

Daniel L.Thomas said...

What a beautiful family.

Carolyn said...

Doing things with your family is the BEST !

James and Elizabeth said...

I love the Family pictures.