Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Mt. Baker and Mt. Shuksan

So the little guy and I took a looooooooooooooooong trip on Monday. 1 and 1/2 hours to Grandma and Grandpa's house, then another 2 and 1/2 hours to the north Cascade mountains. And then all that on the way home too.

You might think "Oh what a great scenic trip". Well, you should know that our 3 and 1/2 month old baby has been absolutely hating his carseat lately. As soon as you put him in there, he squirms and get this angry little look on his face. He arches his back, punches his arms, drools. :) And then the crying, oh the crying.

He is SO dramatic.

But I thought I would share some of the photos of the day. The only thing that would have made it more perfect is if Will could have come with us. And if Preston would have enjoyed his carseat more.

So here we have him during a short non-crying moment.




Here we are in the parking lot at Mt. Baker. It was surprisingly warm up there.




Just double checking to be sure Preston's head is shaded.





On a short hike - that is Mt. Shuksan in the distance.





Kind of looks like I'm about to step off a really steep drop off huh.



Another of Preston and I. He LOVES being toted around in the Bjorn.



But eventually my back got tired, so Grandma put the Bjorn on and finished said toting.




Look how pretty the colors were up there.




This is Mt. Baker


This is Grandma


and Mommy


(I love how I am constantly referring to myself as "Mommy" lately, instead of "I", or "me", or "Jenni")

More pretty pictures...



Annnnnnnnnnnnd more pictures of Preston and I...



Ah, here's one with Grandpa in the shot.

And Will, I borrowed your brand new high performance Marmott pullover and Preston spit up on it.

I'm sorry.

Now here is Mt Shuksan with a lovely obtrusive vehicle parked right in the prime center of the shot.

Everyone who visits this place knows that it is one of the most photographed mountains in the country, which would make you think people would know to not park a big fat white vehicle right there in the way.

Shameful. I hope he was embarrassed.

Well, our little camera does not even do this mountain justice. And also, I couldn't get a decent shot without the eyesore in the way, so here are a couple of photos that my dad took last week. They are my favorites.

Ummmm, wait, that last one was Mt. Rainier not Baker. But still, isn't it pretty?

And here is a shot of my two guys. I know it has nothing to do with this post, but it's our blog and I can do what I want.

Until next blog.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, the pictures are amazing. The Northwest is so pretty in the Fall. I'm glad Preston likes to be totted around in his Bjorn. I was wondering how that baby lulaby CD is coming along? I've been looking for good lulabies lately and i'm anxious to hear some of your music.

Jenni said...

Thanks Elizabeth. The lullaby album is coming along, but won't be ready for a Fall release like we hoped. But definitey this Winter...just in time for your baby. Yay! :) It is just really hard to find the time to write and feel inspired too - with Preston. He demands a lot of attention from me during the day. Which oddly enough I really don't mind. I'm going through a phase right now where I keep telling myself I really should be working on music but I'd much rather be looking after Preston. Fussiness and all. Weird. I never thought I would be like this before I had him.

Anyway, if you look on our blog links on the side, there is my MySpace blog - where I post music-only related updates. I just posted one the other day.

Dan Thomas said...

The pictures were neat. Lots of color. I especially liked the people in the scenery. I am so glad you are able to do things with your folks.

Will and Heidi said...

Those are beautiful photos! Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing. Preston is adorable.

Mark said...

This is Laura but I Mark is logged into to Gmail right now so it will show up as him.

I totally hear you about the reading blogs while feeding and not being able to comment. That is the story of my blogging life right now.

I laughed at the pictures of Preston asleep in the bjorn. They were pretty cute.