Friday, December 5, 2008

It's Recital Time!

I had my student recital last night, so that is one more down this week. Two concerts to go.

I wanted to make something creative and music-themed for the recital, and a friend of mine found this piano-shaped cake recipe for me. It was fun to put together!

Photobucket

And my wonderful Will:


Our little guy was my own personal audience as I practiced the piano.



The recital went off without a hitch. All of my students despite being incredibly nervous, performed super well. I was proud.

Photobucket

And then everyone mingled and ate dessert, and the kids showed off for each other on the piano. Ahhhh I remember doing that when I was 10 too.

This morning it was:




The End.

3 comments:

Lisita said...

I love the piano cake. What a darling recital, wish I was your student. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's looks like a lot of fun! So you have the recitals at your house? Awesome! How many students do you have? Oh and BTW, I loved the cake! How creative! :)

RoLo said...

Yay your desserts turned out so good!