Sunday, February 22, 2009

Seattle Ship Canal Locks

Question: What do you do on a Saturday night when you want to get out of the house, but you have no money, and you have a little one with you?

Answer: You drive around and look at Seattle for an hour, people watch, and then finally stop by the Locks because it is a pretty cool place (and free) and you can watch the fish climb the ladder (and it's free), and you can watch the boats pass through the shipyard locks from Lake Union to the Pacific Ocean (did I mention it's free?)

So, Will and I actually came to the Locks a few years ago when we were just dating...awwwwe memories...

Here are Will and Preston underground watching the salmon climb the fish ladder.


Once we got back to the car we had a very antsy little baby, so we let him sit in Dad's lap in the drivers seat for about 10 minutes to get his wiggles out.





A Family Self Portrait:

And then on our way home we decided that a Papa Murphy's pizza was in order. I said "I hope soooooo bad that they have their chicken garlic pizza on special!" But of course they never do because it's one of their "gourmet" pizzas (and Will doesn't really like that pizza anyway). But sure enough as we drove up to Papa Murphy's they had a huge poster on their front window that said that their Chicken Garlic Pizza was on special.

I'm tellin' you- it must have been my lucky night! All my favorite things - My two special guys that I love so much, the ocean, boats, Seattle, and chicken garlic pizza. YES!

8 comments:

Marissa said...

That's my favorite Papa Murphy's pizza too! Yummy! Sounds like you guys had a great night out together. So fun. :)

Daniel L.Thomas said...

I do admit...even though it is a girly pizza...it really rocks. I hope Preston didn't eat too much stearing wheel so he could enjoy the pizza also.

Will and Heidi said...

I think the Locks are a very cool place, too! Fun times in Seattle.

Unknown said...

You guys are so good about dating. I love free date nights. And I love how you take Preston with you guys. I'm glad your pizza was on sale.

Lisita said...

What a beautiful night for a drive in Seattle. Love the pics!

RoLo said...

I have been thinkin about you alot lately. I have no idea why, just have. It looks like you have been very busy but how are you? We really need to do something soon!

Carolyn said...

Wish that we could have gone to the locks with you....it's a neat place to see.

monica said...

oh, i like you hair, it looks so healthy!
my hair had grown crazy long, you can see it on alexander's blog. i had 3 inches trimmed off, that is a lot for me. :)

the ballard locks is a childhood favorite of mine! glad to know you enjoy it as much as i. i have to say, i have never seen the swirl statues. are they new?