Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Thank You

See that photo above? The face behind that cute little guy...is my Will.

I don't have much time to write the type of post I would like to, but I did just want to tell you how amazing Will has been the past week.

I have been really busy with my music. I have gone into what we both refer to as "creative mode". It's sort of a hybernation to get things done. Housework and friends and sadly family too gets pushed aside until I come out of hybernation....and then I'm me again.

My mom and I have been really pushing hard to get this album finished. Yesterday we spent 8 hours recording. Sunday night I spent 5 hours recording (instead of watching the Superbowl with our friends). Saturday we spent all day. And on top of all of this, I teach violin and piano 3 days a week.

So basically what all of this comes down to....is the ONLY reason I have been able to do all of this is because of Will. He gets Preston up in the morning so I can sleep in and get some much needed rest (Preston still doesn't sleep through the night...he wakes up every 3 hrs). He watches Preston while I teach my lessons. And he watches Preston during these long studio sessions. He also lets me have time to go to the gym to work out because he knows how important that is to me. He also has cleaned up after my messes, done the dishes, shopping, errands, etc.

I have sat here feeling so bad....thinking "What have I done for Will lately???". And then last night when I was holding Preston when Will walked into he room, and he instantly acted like he wanted Dad instead of me (a first for me), it hit me that I really have been neglecting my family lately. I feel like I have been so selfish and the worst wife and mother lately.

So... I just wanted to say - Will, thank you for being so patient with me. I love you so much and appreciate that you help me out in ways that enable me to do what I love to do. Only 3 more weeks until the album is finished and then I will be back to myself again. Thanks for your love and support. It means a lot and I plan to make it up to you.

I'm looking forward to this weekend on Orcas Island to have our first night alone since Preston was born.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

I'm sure you REALLY appreciate Will and all he's done for you this past week. When you were saying that you saw Will holding Preston and wondered what you had done for Will, I thought you were going to say that you gave him Preston to play with while you were busy. Just a thought I had:) I guess you both gave him to each other and then you both help each other with all the stuff that has to be done. That's called "marriage".

The High Family said...

See everything happens for a reason.

Can you imagine doing all this without Will's help?

This reminds me of when I went back to work part time nights shortly after having Ryan. Chris took such good care of him and they now have a great father/son bond.

I am sure Will is loving his time with Preston now. Not many fathers can say they got to stay home and watch their child grow even if it is only for a few months... :)

Brian & Veronica said...

I'm glad he's there to help you. I'm glad he's such a good husband to you and father to preston. I love your relationship with each other. It's give and take and I think you both do a lot for each other. And you're not "the worst" like you said you feel. It's life, and sometimes different things take a different place on the priority list at different times in life. That's just how it goes. And look what a great team you are to work it like you have! I admire you. Both of you. love, me

Karen said...

What kind of excuse can I come up with for neglecting my household??? Sidetrack by the sunshine? No. Magnifying my calling? No. Working out? No. Creating a work of art, like an album? No. Lazy?? YES! Fulfilling your creative side IS doing something for Will and Preston. It's not like being lazy!!