Saturday, February 14, 2009

Two Happy's.

We are celebrating two "Happy's" this weekend.

First, Happy Valentine's Day everyone! We are hitting the Cheesecake Factory tonight as a threesome (it will be our first group Vday date -hee hee).

Just a little trip down memory lane...

This was our very first Valentine's date in 2004. We were not quite boyfriend-girlfriend yet, but had been dating for a couple of months. That night we made it exclusive after a romantic date and a kiss by the lighthouse. Will, I still remember you brushing my hair away from my face and pulling me in for that picture-perfect kiss. I totally melted.


In 2005, we were a month away from getting married and Will was finishing Grad school. This picture isn't from Valentine's day, but it is pretty close to around then. That year I snuck into his room while he was at school and I "heart attacked" his room. When he got home late that night he called me super excited to find the love notes everywhere.

In 2006, again I don't have any photos from Vday, but this one was shortly after on our 1 year anniversary where we went to a cabin. But for Vday itself, Will took me to a very quaint little Italian restaurant on the Kirkland waterfront.



2007, Will made me a romantic candelit dinner a home. I was very impressed with his skills. The photo below was us out to dinner and the symphony about a week later.

2008 I was 6 months pregnant. We went to our friend Joe's Italian restaurant (can you tell I love Ialian food?).

We always make homemade cards for each other every year, these were the ones from 2008...


This year we get to celebrate Valentine's Day with someone new...

Happy Valentine's Day Preston!! We are so glad you get to join us this year. We love you!

And speaking of Preston, here is the 2nd "Happy"....

Preston turned 8 months old yesterday. Oddly enough it was Friday the 13th and he was actually born on Friday, June 13th.

And look what I got to see this morning as I looked over at him from the computer (while typing this blog actually)...



Yeah, he actually pulled himself up and was kneeling and looking out of his crib. He was SOOOO proud of himself!! We might not have a crawler yet, but we've got a kneeler.



By the way, we are actually starting a new tradition this Valentine's Day. Will got the idea from the Ensign. Instead of making homemade cards, we are buying little "love books" for each other - something that we can both keep on our nightstand next to the bed. Whenever we want to write a love note for the other person, we will go to their book and write it there. This way it is stored in one place and will last hopefully for a lifetime. It will be something special that we can both go back and read on those days where we just need a little extra love. :)

4 comments:

Brandie said...

Have a great Valentine's Day. I am sure that you will make the best memories today. Have fun at the Cheesecake Factory and eat a piece for me too as well.

Heather Matthews said...

I love this blog - seeing your journey by Valentine's day. And it's so cute you have added to your Valentine Celebrations this year! It's always a cute surprise when you see your little pull themselves up in the crib. The look on their face is so cute! Looks like it's time to lower the crib ;) I LOVE the idea from the Ensign. I'm going to do that too!

Sandy said...

I love the pictures of Preston! He looks so happy to be "independent". Don't you just love it.
Happy Valentine's Day ~ enjoy your dinner.

Annalea said...

What sweet pictures! Thanks so much for sharing the love book idea. I'm totally going to run with that one. (Although I'm pretty sure his will be filled long before mine. lol)