Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Jewelry Box

There are many things I love in life, and one of them is jewelry.

Why my husband is only just now catching on to that little fact this year, I don't know.  I keep telling him, babe, listen.  What do I want for Christmas? Smelly stuff, chocolate, a Fazioli piano, or jewelry. I'm easy like that.

I finally organized my jewelry yesterday.  I have too many items to fit into my jewelry box anymore, so I now use the box that our wedding silverware came in.  Creative? Yes.  Functional?  Mostly.  

Any kleptomaniacs out there, don't get any brilliant ideas here.  You will be sorely disappointed.  While I might love jewelry, I never said I was a lover of fine jewelry.  Most of these items are bargain shopped.  The only high priced item I own is my wedding ring - which is on my finger and I never take it off.  Partly because I decided after Taylor was born I was going to get it on my finger gosh darnitt, and it's been there ever since because apparently I still haven't lost enough weight to take it off without buttering up my finger, but also because I don't want to take it off :).

Two sentimental pieces though are my princess earrings from Will - can you spot them?  And my pearl necklace that my Grandma gave me when I turned 21 (it was her's) - it is a vintage piece from the 1940's (upper right hand corner).

P.S. I have a stash of jewelry that I'm willing to donate to the first niece that wants them.  It is random necklaces, earrings, etc that I no longer want or use. I will package them up all pretty like and mail them. Let me know.

2 comments:

Dalynn said...

Hahahaha - I bet you Karly would be in heaven with a stash of jewelry secretly mailed to her.

Dan Thomas said...

Tessha would join your passion. Her favorite thing is jewlrey.