Sunday, March 16, 2008

Can I get your Autograph?

Jenni probably wouldn't mention this and it is mention worthy, hence, I Will am blogging.

Jenni always gets random requests for Autographs which is always fun and inspiring for her, but I have to tell you about her latest request.

At church today Jenni was in charge of the special musical number during sacrament meeting, she made her own arrangement based off of another composers arrangement of "Come thou fount of every blessing". After Sacrament meeting this little primary age girl came up to Jenni with the sacrament program and asked if Jenni would autograph her program. It was really cute.

Later in Primary (Jenni is one of the primary pianists), this same girl came and asked if she could get a hug from Jenni.

One of the neatest parts of Jenni's music is not the actual talent (which is amazing on its own), but watching how it can influence others. I had never heard our Sacrament meeting as quiet as it was today when Jenni was playing. The kids quit crying, everyone stopped what they were doing and just listened as the Spirit poured over the congregation. I am so glad Jenni uses her talents to uplift and edify, because of that I'm sure Heavenly Father will continue to bless her with more talent.

I have a great example right here in my midst. Thank you Jenni. I Love You!

8 comments:

Kate said...

Awww, so sweet! Can I have your autograph too? ;) I love that hymn - you'll have to play your version for us sometime!

Kaylene said...

That's really cool, I'm glad you shared that!

Lisita said...

I love that you are bragging about your famous wife Will. Such a darling story! You ought to get a pic with the little girl and Jenni for a bet one day she'll grow up to be a musician too!

Chelle said...

Congratulations, Jenni! You know you are famous when the kiddos want your autograph. Besides, it's always smart to broaden your market audience. :) Maybe your next project will be a kid's CD!

Thanks, Will - that's a great story. I absolutely love that old hymn - and I'm sure Jenni's version was amazing.

Jenni said...

Haha Will I love you bunches. I woke up this morning to read this post. You are so cute. Thanks for loving me.

Jenni said...

first of all.. im just impressed will posts things, too sweet. and your music, wow... you are amazing! tyler and i were listening to pandora.com on sunday, and one of your hits came on. we loved it, clicked it into our favorites. seriously amazing! can i be jealous of your talent? :) and then get your autograph too?!

Dalynn said...

Yeah! I wish I could have been there to listen. You are amazing Jenni and you are an amazing support Will.

Sandy said...

Now that should be the new "quote of the week" from Will. I know what you're talking about because Jenni's music provides that same reverent feeling when I listen to it. I play it for my kids during therapy. I think it helps them listen better to me.