Thursday, July 17, 2008

Big Boy!

Preston had his 1 month checkup yesterday. He is a growing boy! He weighed 10 lbs 15 oz, and was 22.75 inches long! That is compared to 7 lbs 6 oz when he left the hospital and 19.5 inches long! He is in the 75th percentile for height/weight.

I wrote more about his appointment in my Belly Diaries.

Here is Preston - a picture I took of him about 2 minutes ago. I love it when he sleeps this good and I can get a few things done.

Check out his hair though - he is going through the "old man" stage. He had a full head of hair when he was born, but its been rubbing off during his baths and now he has a "receeding" hairline on both sides of his forehead. Hopefully it will grow back in soon.

Will wants me to snip the hair around his ears though because it hangs over. I'm scared to death to do it though - afraid he'll move and I'll knick him with the scissors. So I'm trying to find a good time when he's asleep where I can trim the hair up above his ears so he doesn't look shaggy. (It's bugging Will more than me LOL)

4 comments:

Kate said...

So cute! I love his little facial expressions.

RoLo said...

Jenni,
I haven't told you yet, but Preston is so cute I can hardly stand it! I love his red hair! We really need to get together sometime, but until then I thought I would tell you how excited my mom was when she heard one of your songs on Pandora Radio. Just thought I would let you know. :)

Dan Thomas said...

If he sleeps that good you might get in a little hair cutting. If you don't I would not worry about it.

NelsonFam said...

i can believe we have babies! seems like yesterday when you called to tell me you were pregant and we had just found out we were too. I am super excited for christmas when they can meet.

and to answer your question. no it is not common to bless your baby at home in utah. we just want to.