This little guy is going to be a big brother pretty soon.
And I think he knows.
I'm not sure if really really knows what it's all about, but here are some cute things that he does...
When we say nightly prayers with him, and help him with what to say, we'll say "Please bless baby brother" and he says it as if he is just another member of our family (after we've blessed everyone else already).
- We'll ask him where the baby is, and he will point to my tummy and say "Baby?". A few days ago he pointed to Daddy's tummy and said "Baby!" and Will was pretty fast on the rebound with that one to correct him. "No no no no, papa does NOT have a baby in his tummy. Just mommy."
- He has been into giving kisses lately, and the other day he said he wanted to "give baby kiss?". I said "okay come give the baby a kiss" and he came over and gave me a kiss on the belly. It melted my heart. Especially because he did that all on his own. It was his own idea.
- We have all of Preston's old baby clothes and shoes out and ready for the new little guy. All of the baby shoes are in a bin in Preston's room, and he gets very excited to go through them and wear them, even though they are way too small for his feet. We will tell him "Those are for your baby brother, so you need to go put those away okay?". He will go and put them back. The fact that he respects that shows that he knows that those shoes are for someone else other than himself. He is aware of another person who will be coming soon.
- One thing that he doesn't quite understand, is the fact that he used to be a baby himself. Will's computer has a screensaver program that goes through old photos, and a lot of them are pictures of Preston when he was a baby. He will see them and say "Baby!". I will tell him "That was you when you were a baby." And he just looks at me confused. I think he thinks that any baby is either his baby brother, or another baby but definitely not him!
- I've been trying to tell him lately, that pretty soon he'll get to meet his baby brother and this baby gets to be in our house all of the time. He won't leave (like his friends do and other visitors). He will tell me "share cars". He says that one a lot. Apparently, he is going to be sure to be a good boy and share his Lightening McQueen cars with his baby brother.
Oh, and just one funny thing he does lately. On days that I'm feeling good enough to go for a walk, I'll take Preston outside and play. Our driveway is about 1/4 mile long, so we'll walk up the driveway, and walk over to the ponds, throw rocks in the pond, then go see the horses, and then walk back home. 1/4 mile is not very much, but for me right now it's like climbing Everest LOL. I will have to stop as we're walking quite often to bend over and stretch my back from all the belly weight that I'm carrying. Preston will stop, wait for me, and say "Momma tired. Momma tired." haha. It makes me laugh. He knows me too well.
P.S. Here is a snapshot of my belly today. I'll be 36 weeks on Thursday (9 months)